Monday, August 07, 2006

THIS IS WHERE OUR SON WILL BE BORN

Here's our bedroom with the birthing pool in place. We are all set and waiting on the Big Guy upstairs to give Little Hank Adam the all systems go sign! By His time not ours, right? Well, we're waiting patiently. The birth pool is actually called a Spa-N-a-Box and has a heater, jets and an aerator...that's right, BUBBLES!!! The water will be kept between 98 and 100 degrees, ideally right at, oh something like... 98.6 maybe...I'm not sure why. ;-) We plan on having the room dimly lit (already have the black out curtains in place) with low ambient lighting accompanied by candle light, which may make for a challenge to video and take pics, but we'll manage! Nichole has her music picked out for the event (Bon Jovi, of course - You Give Love A Bad Name) ... nah, the music from our wedding among others, mostly instramental, classical type stuff. Our midwife had another birth scheduled right before ours and that one was late, but we got word today - that baby was born yesterday so their will be no conflict of coinciding births. So, our midwife and her assistant are at the ready. We have a Doula (Thanks Noelle<----Our good friend) who is like a special masseuse for the laboring mother (sorta like that guy in the corner rubbing down a boxer) waiting on our call and, of course, our birth coach (Aunt Liz) as well as Nichole's Mom, sister Rachel and our good friend Jennifer, who's home birth we attended in November (which was amazing to be a part of)! Everybody is ready and waiting....no pressure or anything HAII... take your time little man!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Blogger The Griggs Gallery said...

It is a doula-but I don't mind whatever you call me I will just be happy to be there!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I get by there before the baby comes, can I take a soak and smoke a cigar. Thanks, I'll be right over!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home